To order more than 50 RAK Hotspot Miners, please contact email@example.com.
SHIPPING NOTICEUS/CAN: Order RAK Hotspot Miner v2 now for shipments starting May 2021.
Europe: Order RAK Hotspot Miner v2 now for shipments starting May 2021.
Australia: Order RAK Hotspot Miner v2 now for shipments starting in May 2021.
China: Order RAK Hotspot Miner v2 now for shipments starting late April 2021.
Rest of Asia: Order RAK Hotspot Miner v2 now for shipments starting late April 2021.
Other Countries: Please register your interest using this registration form.
DUE TO HIGH DEMAND, ALL ORDERS ARE NON-CANCELLABLE AND NON-RETURNABLE.
- Efficient miner for a new cryptocurrency, Helium (HNT)
- Complete set-up in minutes using a smartphone
- LongFi technology maximizes range and battery life without Wi-Fi, cellular or Bluetooth
- Low Power – only uses about the same amount as an LED light bulb (5W)
- Easily manage Hotspots and tokens from the mobile app
Helium LongFi™ is a technology architecture that combines a leading wireless technology, LoRaWAN, and the Helium Blockchain. LongFi™ is optimized for miles of range, and long battery life for IoT devices.
The RAK Hotspot Miner v2 earns HNT when devices connect, and for validating wireless coverage delivered by peers. Using a system called Proof-of-Coverage, RAK Hotspot Miners earn more HNT when they're in range of other RAK Hotspot Miners, but need to be at least 300 meters apart.
Range depends on the environment, for rural areas up to 10 miles or more, but for more dense areas up to a mile. Single RAK Hotspot Miners earn less as they can only issue Challenges over the internet, and can’t participate in Proof-of-Coverage.
Cover Your City in Miles of Wireless Coverage
- Deliver many square miles of coverage from a single RAK Hotspot Miner
- Based on initial testing, only about 50 to 100 RAK Hotspot Miners are needed to provide complete coverage for an entire city
- Create a new global network for billions of devices
- Any IoT device can become Helium-enabled using readily available off-the-shelf hardware components, software, and a reference design that is open source for anyone to improve upon
Helium FAQs and Troubleshooting
Wondering how many hotspots are in your area? Check out the Helium Coverage Map here:
Something not working as it should? Find answers and trouble shooting steps from the Helium team here:
Need to go over the basics and get your questions answered about the Helium Network? Follow this link:
Questions on rewards? Find helpful info from the Helium Team here:
Further questions on Helium or the network? Please reach out to the Helium Support Team directly at firstname.lastname@example.org