The Abeeway Smart Badge is a portable multi-mode tracker in ID card format with embedded sensors combining multi-constellation GNSS, Low-power GPS, Wi-Fi Sniffer, BLE, and LoRaWAN® TDoA geolocation technologies, supporting seamless outdoor and indoor geolocation.
This device is ideal for contact back-tracing, zone notification, and monitoring of workforce safety and security. Simple to use, a single button gives you access to the numerous functionalities you may personalize for your needs, e.g. as a Panic/SOS Button. A local zoning feature can signal danger zones with a 96 dBa buzzer. It has a robust, industrial-grade magnetic connector for recharging the battery, and an optional multi-slot charging/upgrade dock
Ubiquitous geolocation, minimal power consumption
Always know the location of your mobile workers and personnel to reduce risks and injuries! With Abeeway's Smart Badge precise tracking abilities, locate your workers and employees no matter where they are, whether indoors or outdoors. Our intelligent tracker uses ultra-low-power LoRaWAN® connectivity and adapts to the environment to choose the best location technology to run on in its present situation, thereby optimizing battery life.
Longer battery life, lower costs
Unlike other trackers that work on power-hungry cellular networks, our Smart Badge benefits from the power-efficient LoRaWAN® connectivity. With a rechargeable 1.3 Ah battery, its high battery longevity lets it function for more than a year on a single charge, and 90 days with 60 outdoor/indoor positions per day. Best of all, it doesn't need a SIM card to work saving your budget from costly subscriptions
Light, handy, and multi-purpose
Compact card form ideal for personal usage: can be neck-worn with a lanyard, attached to clothes, or easily fit in a pocket. The Smart Badge may be light, but it showcases a multitude of functionalities with its user interface: the buzzer with 80dB high volume, multi-usage SOS button, and micro USB connector for charging. Housed in an IP65 water-resistant casing, it has embedded sensors for temperature, motion, and pressure.
Operational flexibility, adaptability, and configurability
The Smart Badge can monitor motion in real-time and receive position alerts at the start, duration, and end of the motion, also when the device is entering or leaving defined zones geofencing. With permanent tracking, you can also get live locations at regular intervals or when needed with fix on-demand. The Smart Badge is certified by the LoRa Alliance and ready to be deployed worldwide: EU868, US915, AS923.
Multiple operating modes
- Motion Tracking: High-resolution position when motion is detected
- Permanent tracking: Periodic interval position
- Fix on demand: Obtain tracker position when needed (very low power operating mode)
- Activity tracking: Monitor activity rate with embedded sensors
- Multi-constellation GNSS/GPS
- Low power GPS
- Wi-Fi indoor and outdoor APSSID sniffing
- BLE: Sniffing and beaconing
Key Hardware Specifications
- User interface: 96 dBa buzzer, bicolour LEDs, button
- Temperature monitoring
- LoRaWAN® Class A radio
- High-Pressure Water-spray resistant enclosure (IP65)
- Magnetic USB connector for Rechargeable battery
- Large 1.3Ah battery
- Firmware Upgrade
- ATEX (Certified for explosive atmosphere)
- Holder to slide ID or RFID Card
- Geofencing zone detection
- Edge computing for proximity detection and exposure assessment
- BLE scan function for an inventory of tools and accessories
- Indoor BLE/Wi-Fi fingerprinting with HERE Tracking (requires subscription)
- Indoor BLE based geolocation with Quuppa Intelligent Location (requires Quuppa infrastructure)
- BLE based safe/hazard zone detection
After your order is fulfilled, you will receive an email from CalChip Connect with instructions on how to retrieve the LoRaWAN® EUIs and keys for your sensor devices. Subject line of the email will be: "CalChipConnect Order - Important information to use your sensors".